Nigeria’s capital, Abuja is home to some of the greatest sites in Nigeria. It became the capital city of Nigeria in 1991 under the administration of Late Gen. Sanni Abacha. The city is located at the centre of the country and thereby making it easy to locate for people travelling to the city to relax. There are actually many things to do see in the city. Abuja is arguably the citadel of relaxation for tourists and fun lovers. Notellia.com shows you top places to visit during your vacation to the city.
*Most visited sites*
1. Wonderland Amusement Park : Go out with family and friends, other fun lovers or just yourself – to Wonderland amusement park. It has leisure gardens for relaxation, games and rides for both young and old. It is a few minutes from the city centre, close to the National Stadium.
2. National Children’s Park and Zoo: The National Children’s Park and Zoo in Abuja has few animals and plenty of playgrounds and activities for children. The list of animals in the zoo are little but children will love it.
3. Millennium Park : This is the best place for you if you have friends that like a good outing. Play a little music and go along with picnic box to Millennium Park for free and have fun in the nicely natural park.
4. Jabi Lakeside: Jabi Lake is man made in the heart of the city. It offers the closest to beach experience within the city. By the Lakeside, you can also have picnic with friends, rent a boat cruise or ride on a horse.
5. Silverbird : If you love indoor fun and movies, Silverbird entertainment centre is the place to go. It has cinema, a game arcade, eateries and shops. It is a fun place to hang out with friends.
7. Zimbabwe : If you want to get away from the civilisation of the city and enjoy yourself in the way of our fathers, Zimbabwe is the place. It is a nice outdoor place about 35km from Abuja city. It’s got cheap food and drinks, barbecued beef, chicken, fish. Here, you get all sorts of local cuisines and all that spicy traditional domestic and bush meat delicacies.
8. Aso Rock: Aso Rock is the largest and tallest rock in Abuja and measures about 936 meters above sea level. The rock overlooks residential quarters, an office building and a presidential villa. Nigeria’s presidential villa, Aso Rock Villa, derived its name from the rock. It is an ideal spot to get a bird’s eye view of the city and a great mountain climbing experience.
10. For Expats : Berger Life Camp, home to Berger Construction workers is the best spots for expatriates, especially Europeans and Europe lovers, to meet during vacation in Abuja. They have amazing events with German food and beer, crafts, and spiced wine.
Get some good food (Restaurants) .
The Abuja metropolis is filled with several places to eat and hang out. You will find restaurants with unique offerings like Chinese cuisine, Mediterranean delicacies and Nigerian dishes.
1. Sky Bar Rooftop Lounge
There are very few places where you can get sweeping views of Abuja and still relax with your loved one whilst having a good time with pina colada. The Rooftop Lounge located at the Summerset’s latest boutique hotel in Asokoro tops that list easily.
2. Vanilla Restaurant & Lounge
Vanilla Restaurant & Lounge is an old favorite in Abuja. The attention to detail is fully reflected in the lovely decorations around the restaurant. The relative size and warmth of the restaurant provides a lovely romantic atmosphere. The extensive menu caters to all taste buds.
Nkoyo is an impressive fine dining restaurant that serves beautifully cooked local dishes using traditional fresh herbs and spices. It’s almost like an extremely sophisticated canteen joint with a pleasing atmosphere and decorations. This is one spot that is always guaranteed to impress any date in Abuja.
4. Chez Victor
One of the hidden gems in Abuja serving an extensive menu of French and African cuisines. Led by Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef Victor, the food is simply amazing and, to be honest, this is somewhat reflected in the pricing. In addition to the lovely decor, the service is on point.
Located in Mabushi, BluCabana is definitely not the easiest place to find. BluCabana is a purpose built lifestyle club which includes a beauty lounge, swimming pool, Lebanese restaurant, as well as a children’s playroom. As a result, it is a great spot for couples who have children and still want to have some sort of romantic meal.
1. Transcorp Hilton Abuja
P.M.B 200, 1 Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Phone: +234 (0) 941321811, 4613000, +234(0)8039013000
Fax: +234(0) 94132418-19,
2. Rock View Hotel
Plot 194/196 Cadastral Zone A8 Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent Wuse II, Abuja FCT- Nigeria.
Phone: 09-4136722, Fax: 09-436768, 4136720
3. Nicon Luxury
Plot 903, Tafawa Balewa Way,Area 11, Garki, Abuja, FCT- Nigeria.
Phone: +234 (0) 96419000, Fax: +234 (0) 9 2341897
4. Abuja Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Ladi Kwali Way, Maitama, Abuja, FCT- Nigeria.
P. M. B. 143, Abuja
Phone: 234 (9) 4612000 Fax:234 (9)5231571
5. Onyx Hotel & Apartment
No 12, Ayedun Close, off Gwandu Street, Near Sahad Stores, off Ahmadu Bello Way, Area 11, Garki, Abuja.
Phone: +234 (0) 9-314318, 314326, 3146327